Thursday, June 28, 2012

Get the Look: Tribal

Tribal print isn't anything new in the fashion world. We have all seen it before and yet it keeps popping up in all of the latest trends of the season. I guess that means it is here to stay -  and I'm doing a mini-tribal happy dance in my head about it. There is something about the rich patterns and beautiful colors that I (and the rest of the world) just can't seem to get enough of. You see it on skirts, dresses, shorts, bags- you name it, it's tribal. 

Sometimes trends can seem a little tired and overused, but not this one. I think it keeps coming back because of it's ability to wear in so many different ways and styles. You can find the print in vibrant shades if you are into bright colors (like me, as you can tell in one of my earlier posts), subtler hues of pastels for a lighter look, or even rich and darker tones that will make a bold statement and an outfit instantly pop. 

Get the look from two of my style favorites, Katie and Kim: 



When out and about in West Village, I couldn't help but notice the print everywhere! Below are some of my favorite tribal-inspired finds:



1. Club Monaco Wayuu Taya Bag $295
2. L. Bartlett House of Harlow Necklace $298
3. Gap Ikat Canvas Shorts $49.95
4. Gap Ikat Espadrilles $25.46
5. L. Bartlett Amanda Uprichard Top $198
6. Banana Republic Talia Ikat Shirt $69.99
7. Kendra Scott Shiva Earrings $75
8. LOFT Crinkle Maxi Skirt $79.50 -take an extra 30%!



3699 McKinney Ave. 
Dallas, TX 75204

Posted by Meredith Williams, Marketing Intern.


No comments:

Post a Comment