Friday, June 8, 2012

Trina Turk for Banana Republic

I nearly fell out of my chair when I heard there was going to be a capsule collection created exclusively by Banana Republic in collaboration with the fun-loving, California native designer, Trina Turk. Talk about a match made in summer chic heaven... With the clean, classic lines of Banana Republic and Turk's tropical hues and pop prints - I was already booking my flight to some exotic beach so I would have an excuse for the damage that was about to be done on my credit card. (No? Too soon?

Then I got the call that the clothes would be arriving yesterday morning at our West Village store. As soon as I arrived, they told me that the collection had already sold out online, and that their store supply was halfway gone! I quickly snatched up every print and bright hue that resembled my size (my tailor is on my speed dial) and headed for the dressing rooms.

Don't forget about the baubles either. There was everything from enamel bangles to statement rings to jewel-topped box clutches to take you from day to night - all between $40-$100! Turk's inspiration for this collection was a mix of Palm Springs, pop prints and mid-century design  

My advice? GO NOW. Once they're out, they're out. Capiche?



3699 McKinney Ave. # 317
Dallas, TX 75204
214-559-0182


Graphic by Meredith Williams, Marketing Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment