Thursday, July 26, 2012

THROWBACK THURSDAY: I Love the '90s

For Throwback Thursday today I'm taking a stroll down memory lane to the dear old days of my childhood: the '90s. For those of you fellow '80s babies out there who grew up during this decade too, I'm sure you can back me up when I say: it was awesome

I can remember it like it was just yesterday: Nickelodeon wasn't just a channel; it was life. My biggest fear was running out of batteries to my ipod portable cd player. My favorite past times were AIM, playing Dream Phone, and dominating at Mario Kart on Nintendo 64 (Princess Peach was my girl).  "As if!" and "you've got it dude" became regular phrases thanks to Cher and the adorable Michelle Tanner. I stayed awake at night worrying about Ross and Rachel's relationship status (they were so not on a break) and I dreamed of the day I would marry all of my celebrity crushes whose posters covered every inch of my walls (JTT 4-Ever).

One part of the '90s has managed to make a comeback- fashion. I will admit that not all of the trends from this decade should make a reappearance... I can't quite say I am ready to break out a pair of MC Hammer pants just yet. However, a modern approach to the favorite looks from the '90s has been a recent favorite look of mine. I hope you are ready for a fashion flashback!

1. Gap Floral Ruffle Dress $59.95 2. Banana Republic Felt Panama Hat $59.50 3. Pitaya Denim Vest $36 4. Club Monaco Cross-body Bag 5. Flud Boombox Watch at Demerara 6. Colored Denim Jacket at Accents 7. Loft Textured Metal Cuff $34.50 8. Jeffrey Campbell Platform Sneakers at LF Stores


While we are reminiscing, I couldn't help but be reminded of some of my 90's memories while growing up. Although it was hard to limit myself to just a few, here are some of my favorites:





I hope you have enjoyed this quick little trip down memory lane! What are some of your favorite memories from the '90s?

3699 McKinney Ave. 
Dallas, TX 75204

Posted by Meredith Williams, Marketing Intern. 

No comments:

Post a Comment