Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Opening of Benjamin Terry: Not Really There

I love seeing exceptional art. I love it even more when the artist is a local.

You won't want to miss the work of Benjamin Terry, a product of The University of North Texas. The opening goes from 7-10 pm on Saturday, January 28 at Ro2 Art Gallery Uptown.

Don't take my word for it, though.

A word from the artist:

"My current work combines representational images and the chaos of ephemeral composition. I play with various thoughts and emotions that pass through my mind at any given moment. Working with memory, fantasy, dreams and time, I use multiple selves to create a narrative sequence that reflect on ideas of internal conflict, self doubt and emotional trauma. 

'Not Really There' - 48"x52" Graphite and Enamel on Wood Panel

My painted figures escape the confines of naturalism. Like a memory or dream, parts of the narrative become blurred or fragmented--and the original thought is always transformed. Their evolutions, whether through multiplicity, incompleteness or obliteration, imply that my subjects are odd fragments of a half-forgotten memory."

'Coral Snake' - Graphite and Enamel on Wood Panel





Ro2 Art Gallery Uptown
3699 McKinney Ave. #310
Dallas, TX 75204

No comments:

Post a Comment